Cannabis-infused baked goods are some of today’s most popular cannabis edibles and for good reasons! Special brownies, cookies, cakes, and other baked treats are delicious and offer powerful, long-lasting effects. You’ll find a fantastic range of sweet edibles at Just Cannabis. If you love baking as you love cannabis, you might enjoy learning how to make weed cookies at home. Baking cannabis cookies is simple and rewarding, mainly when using our no-fuss THC cookies recipe. Learn everything you need and start making weed cookies whenever the urge strikes!
Ingredients For Making Weed Cookies From Scratch
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1/2 cup softened cannabutter
1/2 cup softened standard butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: 2 cups of add-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc.
Cannabutter refers to butter or oil that’s been infused with cannabis. Cannabutter is a vital part of learning how to make weed cookies! Look for cannabutter online in Canada at digital dispensaries like Just Cannabis. Just make sure to buy edibles online in Canada from a trusted weed shop. You can find listings on platforms such as BCWeedDelivery.org. You can also make your own using 3.5 grams of your favourite cannabis buds and 1 cup of butter or coconut oil.
Equipment For Baking Cannabis Cookies
You’ll need the following standard kitchen supplies when you’re baking cannabis cookies:
- Large and small mixing bowls
- Whisk, large spoon, or electric mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or foil (optional)
You’ll also need a pan, stove or hotplate, and strainer or cheesecloth if you’re making cannabutter.
Step By Step THC Cookies Recipe
The first step in making weed cookies is to decarboxylate your cannabis. Decarbing involves gently heating marijuana buds to activate their chemical compounds. If you don’t decarb your weed before baking cannabis cookies, nothing “special” about your bake won’t be anything. You can skip to step 3 if you’re using cannabutter that’s already prepared.
Start by grinding your cannabis buds to a fine, even texture. Next, spread the ground flower over your baking sheet and put them in the oven at low heat. Around 220-245°F, for 30 to 45 minutes, is ideal. Keep an eye on the oven, so your buds don’t burn.
2. Make The Cannabutter
Next, make your cannabutter. Melt a cup of butter or coconut oil in a pan over low heat on the stove or hot plate. Once the fat is fully melted, carefully add a cup of water and your decarbed cannabis to the pan. Stir the mixture to combine and let it simmer for around 3 hours. Stir the mix regularly, so it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
After 3 hours, take the pan off the heat and let it cool. Pour the mixture through the strainer or cheesecloth to remove the used cannabis flowers and any remaining water. Put your new batch of cannabutter in a glass jar until you’re ready to use it.
3. Heat Your Oven
Preheat your oven to 190°C before making weed cookies.
4. Combine Dry Ingredients
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in the small mixing bowl, then set it aside.
5. Combine Wet Ingredients
When your cannabutter and your standard butter are at room temperature, mix them in your large bowl. Then add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until creamy. The butter should be evenly combined in a smooth, fluffy texture. This step is easiest with an electric mixer, but you can also use a spoon. Once the sugar is creamy, beat in the egg.
6. Mix Ingredients
Add small amounts of your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Stir the batter without over-stirring it. If you’re adding chocolate chips, nuts, or other additions, mix them in now.
7. Shape The Cookies
Scoop your cookie dough into balls about the size of a tablespoon and arrange them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil. Gently press each ball with the bottom of a glass to flatten them. Thinner cookies will be crispier, and thicker cookies will stay soft and chewy.
8. Baking Cannabis Cookies
Place your cookies in the oven just until they’re golden brown. This should take around 8-10 minutes. Then, remove the batch from the oven and let cool. You can start enjoying your cookies just a few minutes after they come out of the oven!
Enjoying Your THC Cookies
Learning how to make weed cookies is an excellent skill for cannabis-minded bakers and sweets-loving marijuana fans. So try out this easy THC cookies recipe the next time you’re craving edibles. Don’t feel like baking? Just Cannabis offers a range of tasty weed cookies that are ready to enjoy! Buy edibles online or get them locally brought to you from places such as weed edibles delivery in Vancouver.
- How to make mouth-watering weed cookies? Cannabis Clubs. (2021, July 4). Retrieved January 13, 2022, from https://cannabisbcn.com/how-to-make-mouth-watering-weed-cookies/
- Government of British Columbia. (2019, December 17). Edible Cannabis Affects People Differently ‘start low – go slow’ Fact Sheet. Available at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/public-safety-and-emergency-services/public-safety/csu/cannabis-edibles-safe-use-fact-sheet.pdf
- National Center for Complementary Integrative Health. (2019, November). Cannabis (Marijuana) and Cannabinoids: What You Need To Know. Available at: https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/cannabis-marijuana-and-cannabinoids-what-you-need-to-know
- Daily Marijuana. (2022, February 7). Buy Weed Online. Available at: https://www.dailymarijuana.io/
- Weed Delivery Vancouver. (2022, February 7). Same-Day Weed Delivery in Vancouver. Available at: https://weeddeliveryvancouver.io/
- BC Weed Delivery. (2022, February 7). Find the best cannabis in British Columbia, Canada. Available at: https://bcweeddelivery.org/