For many people, CBD is an all-natural answer to their prayers. CBD is sourced from plants in the cannabis family and has been lab-proven to reduce inflammation, pain, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and more. These fantastic results have changed lives around the country.
But like any bio-active compound, CBD can have unwanted side effects. CBD drug interactions and even CBD harmful effects have been reported by people who take multiple substances.
So what drugs should not be taken with CBD? Learn more about CBD side effects so you can make informed health decisions.
What Are CBD Side Effects?
When you take CBD on its own, CBD side effects are infrequent. CBD is an anti-inflammatory that calms and soothes both body and mind. Unlike other substances, it’s hard to overdo it with CBD.
If you smoke too much CBD flower, you may also experience coughing or a sore throat. Most people who use CBD by itself don’t have these problems. However, taking CBD with other substances is where things get complicated.
CBD Drug Interactions
If you take CBD alongside other substances, you might experience CBD drug interactions. CBD is considered a biochemically available compound. Like other supplements, medications, and drugs, CBD can cause unpredictable reactions in the body. Scientists have identified two reasons that explain CBD drug interactions.
First, CBD creates duplicate effects when taken with medicines that cause similar reactions. The combined effects may be more substantial if you take CBD with other substances that cause relaxation, sleepiness, or appetite suppression. What drugs should not be taken with CBD? Avoid anything that causes similar effects as CBD.
CBD also changes how your body metabolizes drugs. A limited amount of liver enzymes breaks down CBD and many other substances. When you use CBD, your liver needs to metabolize it. This process can keep liver enzymes from breaking down other substances in your body. As a result, your other medications might not work as intended.
What Drugs Should Not Be Taken With CBD?
Knowing what drugs should not be taken with CBD before adding this compound to your routine is an important step. Your doctor or pharmacist can help determine if CBD is safe for you to take. Here are some drugs that commonly cause CBD drug interactions:
- St. John’s Wort
- Heartburn medication
- Blood thinners
- Heart rhythm medications
- Thyroid medication
- Anti-seizure medication
Where To Source Your CBD
It’s important to consider what drugs should not be taken with CBD. Then, if your medical team approves you to use CBD, make sure to choose the best source, such as Keoni CBD! Just Cannabis is a respected name for Canadian CBD. Check out their wide range of well-reviewed CBD products, low prices, guaranteed delivery, and fantastic customer service. You can always count on the best CBD from JustCannabis. Find us featured on sites such as Weed List and see why so many choose us as their CBD Delivery in Toronto and other cities throughout Canada.
- Bykov, K. (2021, January 11). CBD and other medications: Proceed with caution. Harvard Health. Retrieved February 2, 2022, from https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cbd-and-other-medications-proceed-with-caution-2021011121743
- Grinspoon, P. (2020, April 15). Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t. Harvard Health. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476
- Nichols, H. (2020, May 28). What are the effects and side effects of CBD oil? Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/cbd-oil-effects
- Katsiaryna Bykov (2021, January 11), CBD and other medications: Proceed with caution. Harvard Health Publishing. Harvard Medical School. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cbd-and-other-medications-proceed-with-caution-2021011121743
- Keoni CBD. (2022, February 28). Buy Keoni CBD Online. Available at: https://www.keonicbd.com/
- Toronto Weed Delivery. (2022, February 28). Same-Day Weed Delivery in the Greater Toronto Area. Available at: https://torontoweeddelivery.co/
- Weed List. (2022, February 28). Buy Weed Online in Canada. Available at: https://weedlist.org/